P&G Surrey Youth Games 2012
The P&G Surrey Youth Games is the largest annual youth sports festival in Surrey and gives young people (aged 7 to 15 years) experience of a competitive, countywide sporting event. The Games are essentially a mini-Olympic event, where each of the eleven boroughs in Surrey compete against each other in a variety of sports.
2012 sports are Badminton, Basketball, Boccia, Boxing (Non Contact), Girls Cricket, Girls Football, Pan Disability Football, Hockey, Judo, Netball, Tag Rugby, Squash, Swimming and Tennis.
Team Mole Valley will be holding open trials and training sessions for most of the above sports (see attached timetable). We welcome anyone to come and try out for a place to represent the district at this year’s competition!
Volunteers from local sports clubs and organisations have been appointed as team managers to select and coach Team Mole Valley during the trials and at the competition weekend. Ashtead again will host and train one of the Mole Valley girls cricket teams.
Note: The Games competition weekend is on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th June 2012 at the Surrey Sports Park, Guildford.
How do I take Part?
- Choose which sport/s you wish to take part in and check your eligibility.
- Register online at www.molevalley.gov.uk/sport or alternatively complete the enclosed booking form and return to Community Sports Development Officer, Partnerships and Community Development, Mole Valley District Council, Pippbrook, Dorking, RH4 1SJ
- If you have any queries, need help completing this form or require an alternate format e.g. Braille or large text, contact Mole Valley District Council on 01306 885001 or email email@example.com
- Live or go to school in Mole Valley.
- Be of the correct age and gender for the sport you wish to take part in.
- Be below county standard in the sport you wish to take part in.
- Want to have loads of FUN!